Happy Father’s Day
First and foremost, we’d like to wish all dads a Happy Father’s Day! Father’s Day is a time to commemorate and celebrate our fathers for all the great things they’ve given us. Many people honor their fathers by having a cookout, taking them to their favorite sporting event, or giving them peace and quiet for the day. This year why not spend some time doing fun activities with your little ones? You could teach your little one your favorite sport, or take them to play in the park. However you may celebrate Father’s Day, we’re confident it will be a day to always remember.
European Quinny® Strollers Launch in U.S.
Finally, the wait is over! We’re proud to announce the much anticipated U.S. debut of Europe’s premier stroller line – Quinny®. Known for their trendsetting style and technology, Quinny® strollers are the perfect complement to any modern parent’s lifestyle. Dads (and moms) love the height adjustable handles and the all-terrain tires for "off-roading" with their little ones. The Quinny® Buzz™ has been winning awards in Europe and was the Editor’s Choice for "Best New Stroller" by FitPregnancy® Magazine. So what’s all the "Buzz" about? Check out the entire product line below and pick out the Quinny® you want to be seen pushing.
Quinny® Buzz™ Stroller
The Quinny® Buzz™ Stroller is a chic, colorful, and convenient modular travel system which accommodates both a reversible, reclining stroller seat, but is also compatible with the Quinny® Dreami™ bassinet and Maxi-Cosi® Mico™ Infant Car Seat (both sold separately). If you’re an on-the-go parent (and we know you are), you’ll love the Buzz’s hydraulic technology that unfolds the stroller with just a touch. A height-adjustable handle ensures complete comfort for you while the stroller’s unique three-wheel design allows easy maneuvering.
- Revolutionary automatic unfolding system opens stroller with just a touch
- Seat can face forward or rear
- Highly maneuverable, lockable swivel front wheel allows extra mobility
- Soft, cushioned, neoprene-like fabric
- Height-adjustable parent handle
- Compatible with Quinny® Dreami™ Bassinet and Maxi-Cosi® Mico™ Infant Car Seat (sold separately)
- Includes canopy, storage basket, bug net, wind stoppers, rainshield and car seat adapters
- Suitable for babies 0-6 months with Mico™ Infant Car Seat or Dreami™ Bassinet and as a stroller only, from 6 months and up
- Matching footmuff available
Quinny® Zapp™ Stroller
The Quinny® Zapp™ is a full-size stroller with an ultra-compact fold – at 12" x 27", and comes with its own travel bag for stress-less traveling. It’s even compatible with the Maxi-Cosi® Mico™ Infant Car Seat (sold separately). And for those with little ones who are prone to spills, the Zapp™ is made from durable nylon fabric that’s stain-resistant.
- Compact fold (12" x 27")
- Durable nylon fabric is stain-resistant
- Highly maneuverable, lockable front wheels can rotate 360º
- Compatible with Maxi-Cosi® Mico™ Infant Car Seat (sold separately)
- Includes travel bag, canopy, rainshield, and car seat adapters
- Suitable for babies 0 – 6 months with Mico™ Infant Car Seat, and from 6 months (when child can sit upright) up to 50lbs.
Quinny® Dreami™ Bassinet
The Quinny® Dreami™ is a full-size bassinet that easily converts the Quinny® Buzz™ stroller into a pram. So if your little one likes to nap while you stroll, the Dreami™ bassinet is a must-have. Color-coordinated to match your Quinny® Buzz™ stroller it has a convenient carry handle attached to the canopy and includes a warm fuzzy cover to keep your baby warm, a bug net (because we wouldn’t want any of Mother Nature’s little pests bugging your little one), a rainshield to keep her dry, and a luxuriously padded mattress.
- Converts Quinny® Buzz™ stroller to a pram
- Color-coordinated to match Quinny® Buzz™
- Convenient carry handle attached to canopy
- Includes a cover, bug net, rainshield, blanket and mattress
- Matching footmuff available
- Suitable for babies up to 15 pounds or until infant can sit upright
Quinny® Curbb™ Carrier
In a nutshell, the Quinny® Curbb™ is a comfortable, easy to wear baby carrier that lets you keep both hands free at all times. Totally versatile, it can be worn on either the right or left side and its ergonomic design and soft shoulder/neck pad means there will be optimal comfort for both you and your child. It easily adjusts to accommodate your growing child from 8-20 lbs.
The Quinny® Buzz™ and Zapp™ will be available at select specialty stores such as babyStyle®, Albee Baby Carriage, Right Start®, Buy Buy Baby®, Giggle and other select retailers nationwide. Visit quinny.com for more information.
Stroller Safety Tips
The Juvenile Products Manufacturers Association (JPMA) offers the following general stroller safety guidelines:
- Always secure the baby by using the stroller’s restraint straps or safety harness.
- Choose a stroller with a base wide enough to prevent tipping, even if your child reaches or leans over the side.
- If the stroller seat reclines, be sure the stroller won’t tip backward when your child lies down.
- To prevent the stroller from tipping over backwards, don’t hang anything over the handles.
- Make sure your stroller is designed with locking device that prevents the stroller from spontaneous folding.
- Apply the brakes to limit rotation of the wheels when the stroller is stationary.
- When you fold or unfold the stroller, make sure that your child’s hands are kept away from areas that could pinch their tiny fingers.
- Check for adjustments that reduce the size of seat openings in the front to prevent your baby from falling out when seat back is reclined into the flat position.
- Look for strollers sold with the JPMA Certification Seal.
Source: www.jpma.org For more information on child safety, please visit www.getonboardwithsafety.com
Spotlight on Connor!
This month we chatted with Safety 1st Director of Marketing, Deanne Sanchez, about what it’s like raising her first child, Connor, a 12-month old boy. Connor is very much the typical boy, he likes to build things up and knock them down! His favorite toys are his soccer ball, piano, and stuffed animal bowling pins – hmm, sounds like an athlete is in the works. He started taking his first steps and is trying to form words like "ba" for "ball" and "ha" for "hot stove." His favorite foods range from bananas to pita bread, quite the little gourmet. Deanne reports that he’s been sleeping through most nights (thankfully), and only wakes up when he’s lost his pacifier. Connor’s next endeavor will be taking baby music classes – sounds like fun! Overall Deanne is having a blast watching Connor grow and looks forward to a new adventure every day.
Deanne was also happy to report that on their recent family trip to Florida, they brought the Cosco® Scenera™ convertible car seat comes with a clear, plastic carry bag for easy travel on planes. Deanne can attest that it made traveling stress-free and easy and she’ll use it the next time she travels.
To check out the Cosco® Scenera™ convertible car seat click here.
Congratulations To Our Winners!
- Christi Reid - Lusby, MD
- Tamara Dozier - Springfield, IL
- Mary Grainer - Vacherie, LA
- Robin Kapayou - Toledo, IA
- Dina Young - Fayetteville, NC
If you have any questions regarding Safety 1st
products please contact Dorel Juvenile Group Consumer Relations at email@example.com
Missed the last issue? Check out the Safety 1st and Foremost archive