FAQs : Strollers
- Where can I find the car seat adapter bar for my stroller?
- The car seat adapter bar can be located underneath the parent’s tray of the stroller. It is usually stored horizontally and has spring loaded ends which fit into two openings on either side. It may also be located in a pocket on the back of the seat of stroller depending on the model.
- How old does my child have to be to use the stroller without an infant car seat?
- A child should not be placed in the stroller independently, unless he or she is able to sit up on their own unassisted.
- Are there any warranties for my stroller?
- Dorel Juvenile Group warrants its products to be free from defects in workmanship and material under normal household use and service for one year following date of purchase for most products. This warranty shall not apply to damages arising from neglect, accidental damage, or commercial use of the product. This is a limited warranty. Liability for consequential property damage is expressly excluded. Proof of purchase is required.
To make a claim under this warranty, you must contact Dorel Juvenile Group's Consumer Relations Department by email at email@example.com, or fax us at 1-800-207-8182, or write to the following address: Dorel Juvenile Group Consumer Relations Department P.O. Box 2609 Columbus, IN 47202-2609.
You may also contact the Consumer Relations Department at 1-800-544-1108 where you can speak to a Consumer Relations Representative. Hours of operation are Monday - Thursday 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM EST and 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM EST on Friday. Proof of purchase is required.
- How can I get the wheels off of my stroller?
- Front Wheels: First depress the tab on the end cap and then pull down on the wheel to remove or reference your instruction manual. Rear Wheels: First remove the outer wheel cap, pull out the cotter pin, and then slide the washer and wheel off of the axle.
- How can I get the wheels on my stroller to stop squeaking?
- It may be necessary to lubricate your wheels with a lubricant from time to time in order to prevent them from squeaking. We advise using the WD-40.
- How can I remove the canopy on my stroller?
- For strollers with the following model numbers - 01775, 01777, 01875, and 01877: Pull out the wire hoop from the frame of the stroller and then remove the canopy. For strollers with the following model numbers - 01075, 01640, 01642, 01644, 01645, 01648, and 01744: Push on the tab under the frame and then pull up on the canopy to remove. For all other models: please contact the Consumer Relations Department at 1-800-544-1108 to find out if the canopy on your stroller is removable.
- How can I take the fabric off my stroller?
- For strollers with the following model numbers - 01075, 01642, 01644, 01645, and 01975: First remove the seat frame wire, then remove the throw in seat pad, and finally pull off the fabric from the footrest along with the sides and seat back. For strollers with the following model numbers - 01640 and 01648: First remove the throw in seat pad and then remove the fabric from the top of the seat back and from the arms. For all other models: please contact the Consumer Relations Department at 1-800-544-1108 to find out if the fabric on your stroller is removable.
- How do I attach the car seat to my stroller?
- You will first need to attach either the adapters or the adapter bar onto your stroller. Then you will need to attach the car seat onto either the adapters or the adapter bar. When attached to the stroller, the car seat should always be positioned so that the child is facing you.
- How should my children be seated in a tandem stroller?
- The heavier child should be placed in the front seat and the lighter child in the rear seat.
- What is the weight limit of my stroller?
- This depends on the type of stroller you have. This information is on the package and instruction manual. The majority of our strollers have a weight limit of 40 lbs, but some do go up to 50 lbs.
- What is the white bar on my stroller?
- There could be a white bar that says for shipping purposes only. Your stroller will not open with this bar in place. The bar does come out. Just push it to the side like you would a paper towel holder and it will come right out.
- Where can I find the model number on my stroller?
- The model number is located on the frame of the stroller on the right side just above the rear wheel. On some models, the model number will be found on a sewn-in labels found on the back of the seat.
- Will a car seat work with my stroller?
If you receive an adapter bar when you purchase the stroller you can use a Designer 22 car seat with that stroller. You can also use a Safety 1st, Eddie Bauer, or Cosco car seat.