Are you a holder of a valid U.S. patent and interested in submitting it to us for consideration? If so, we’d love to hear from you! Fill in the information below and we’ll have our experts review.
We receive Inventor Ideas on a regular basis. Once your form has been submitted, it is reviewed and passed along to the appropriate DJG department for review. This process normally takes 6-8 weeks and we appreciate your patience during this time. Due to volume of Inventor Ideas we receive, phone calls cannot be returned during this process, but we do promise to get back to you once the review has been completed.
Please be sure to fully read and agree to the Terms and Conditions below before submitting your form.
NOTE: Unfortunately we cannot accept unpatented ideas at this time. Please apply to the U.S. patent office before submitting.
Dorel Juvenile Group, Inc. and its affiliates ("DJG") spend considerable time and money developing products internally, and we do not generally solicit product ideas from third parties. However, we are willing, on a non-confidential basis, to review ideas from our customers for the purposes of evaluating our possible interest in them.
In agreeing to accept ideas from our customers we need to take certain precautions in order to avoid any possible confusion between a submitted idea and our own developments, and to prevent any misunderstanding as to the rights and obligations of DJG with respect to a submitted idea. As a result, we will not consider any idea, design or concept submitted to us, including your original disclosure and any information you later disclose orally or in writing (an "Idea") unless you agree to the following terms (the "Terms"):
- You acknowledge that DJG is constantly working on developing and improving its products and may already have conceived of ideas, functions, features, or other aspects that are similar or identical to those of your Idea. Evaluation of your Idea shall in no way limit or restrict us from using any information previously known to us, independently developed by us, or that is later known to or developed by us.
- DJG only accepts Ideas that have been patented or that are the subject of a pending patent application. You represent and warrant that your Idea is patented or patent pending and will provide us with information on your patent filings.
- DJG does not accept or review confidential information. You represent and acknowledge that the Idea you are submitting is not confidential. Disclosure of your Idea and any related future disclosures or discussions are NOT MADE IN CONFIDENCE and NO CONFIDENTIAL RELATIONSHIP will exist between you and DJG or its affiliates.
- You represent and warrant that you have the right to disclose the Idea to us on a non-confidential basis, and that such disclosure will not violate any existing obligation or commitment.
- You agree that DJG may disclose your Idea to third parties, including to focus groups and retail buyers, and that we shall have no obligation to make or treat such disclosures as confidential.
- You understand and agree that DJG is not obligated to proceed with negotiations of any kind respecting your Idea or to provide you with an any information regarding the results of our evaluation or our reasons for not proceeding further.
- You agree that DJG assumes no obligation to return any materials you submit. You will keep copies of all such materials for your own reference and use.
- You agree that you are giving up all copyright and other intellectual property right claims other than patent and trademark claims that you may have against DJG for copying, disclosing, evaluating or otherwise using your Idea, and you hereby RELEASE DJG FROM ANY LIABILITY FOR SUCH CLAIMS.
The above Terms are the entire agreement between you and us regarding your Idea. There are no other understandings, agreements, or representations, expressed or implied. No markings or legends included on submitted materials will vary or supplement these Terms. Nothing in these terms or the arrangement between you and us creates any relationship, joint venture or fiduciary duty. These Terms are governed by the laws of the State of Indiana without reference to its choice of law principles. YOU UNDERSTAND THAT DJG IS RELYING UPON THESE TERMS IN AGREEING TO CONSIDER YOUR IDEA AND WOULD NOT ACCEPT YOUR IDEA WITHOUT THIS AGREEMENT.
By clicking on the "I AGREE" button below, (1) YOU AGREE TO ALL OF THE ABOVE TERMS, (2) YOU ARE CONSENTING TO ENTER INTO THIS AGREEMENT IN ELECTRONIC FORM AND (3) YOUR CLICK SHALL CONSTITUTE YOUR ELECTRONIC SIGNATURE ACCEPTING THE TERMS. If you do not wish to accept the Terms, you should click "I DO NOT AGREE."