3/12/2012 12:00:00 AM
Dorel Juvenile Group Announces Safety 1st Baby Book App For Mobile MomsCOLUMBUS, Ind. and FOXBORO, Mass., March 12, 2012 - Dorel Juvenile Group, Inc. (DJG), today unveiled the Safety 1st Baby Book App, the first of its kind in the juvenile industry. The app allows moms to easily capture and chronicle baby's special moments on their mobile device. In addition to baby book functionality, the Safety 1st Baby Book App provides moms with valuable child safety tips and articles- right at their fingertips.
Moms are more mobile than ever. In fact, according to a BabyCenter Mobile Mom Report, overall adoption of smartphones among moms has risen 64 percent over the past two years, and 51 percent of moms say they are "addicted" to their smartphone. In addition, more than half (53 percent) of the women surveyed said they purchased a smartphone as a direct result of becoming a mom.
"As a mobile mom myself, I understand how a smartphone can serve as the keeper of photos, schedules, reminders and more," said Julie Vallese, Consumer Safety Expert with Dorel Juvenile Group. "We're excited to offer this app to moms, providing a one-stop shop for memories and milestones to share, as well as valuable tips and advice."
The first of its kind, the Safety 1st Baby Book App combines a baby book with customized tips and articles to provide mom with tailored notifications from the prenatal stage to preschool. App features include:
- Baby Book: Facilitating instant updates, the Baby Book feature allows moms to capture milestones, photos and notes in one convenient place. Moms are also able to create an individual, color-coded Safety 1st Baby Book for each child.
- Tags: Assign tags to each photo and note to easily organize events such as baby's 1st checkup, 1st words, 1st steps and more. Moms can also create their own custom tags to personalize and organize.
- Photos: Moms can take or import photos for one or multiple Safety 1st Baby Books. The app also allows users to save photos to their photo library.
- Tips & Articles: Helping to navigate the everyday concerns of a parent, users can browse child safety tips and articles that are specific to their child's age range. Tips and articles can also be pushed to users for instant age-appropriate notifications, such as car seat safety, home safety and child care.
- Share: Unlike typical baby books, moms are able to instantly share photos, milestones, notes and articles on Facebook, Twitter and via email.
The Safety 1st Baby Book App is available for iPhone® and iPod touch® users and can be downloaded for free on the App Store™. Click here for more information and to download the Safety 1st Baby Book App.
About Dorel Juvenile Group
Dorel Industries Inc. (TSX: DII.B, DII.A) is a world class juvenile products and bicycle company. Now in its 50th year, Dorel creates style and excitement in equal measure to safety, quality and value. The Company's lifestyle leadership position is pronounced in both its Juvenile and Bicycle categories with an array of trend-setting products. Dorel's powerfully branded products include Safety 1st, Quinny, Cosco, Maxi-Cosi and Bebe Confort in Juvenile, as well as Cannondale, Schwinn, GT, Mongoose, IronHorse and SUGOI in Recreational/Leisure. Dorel's Home Furnishings segment markets a wide assortment of both domestically produced and imported furniture products, principally within North America. Dorel has annual sales of over US$2.3 billion and employs 5,000 people in facilities located in twenty-two countries worldwide.
Dorel Juvenile Group:
The information on this page was accurate at the time of posting.