Dorel’s Tiny FootprintTM program encourages stakeholders to factor long-term environmental sustainability into their decision making processes.
Dorel Juvenile Group is constantly finding new ways to reduce waste and incorporate sustainable practices across its manufacturing facilities and offices. The Company’s Columbus, Indiana campus is a zero-waste landfill facility that recycles over 99% of its plastic manufacturing waste and other materials. The remaining 1% is sold to an outside recycler.
Installation of a cooling tower system at the facility has helped reduce water usage by 97%, saving 1.5 million gallons of water per day as a result.
In addition, placing car seats in bags instead of corrugated cardboard boxes saves trees and has dramatically reduced transportation and storage costs for Dorel products such as the Cosco Scenera car seats. This move earned Dorel recognition from one of the world’s biggest retailers of juvenile products, Wal-Mart.
In its day-to-day operations, Dorel has made the switch to eco-friendly cleaners at its manufacturing facilities and offices, and sensors prevent the needless lighting of unused areas.